As far as another round of high quality engagement gift ideas is concerned, you can never miss to hear the word “Cartier” when speaking of engagement and wedding rings, fine jewelry and watches that are brought about by the precious French luxury jewellery. Well as we’ve spoken about Tacori, Cartier also brings different touch to fine jewelry since the 1800s founded by French jeweler named Louis-Francois Cartier who then carried the name of the Cartier family of jewelers which ended control during 1964.
But those years actually has sent numerous pieces of jewelry from diamond necklaces to wristwatches and exquisite brooches also known as Bestiary created for big, monarchical people such as Wallis Simpson, Bhupinder Singh, King Edward VII, and soon followed great courts of countries including Spain, Belgium, Greece, Siam, Serbia, Egypt, Romania and Albania to name a few.
Interestingly enough, the Cartier family has grown popularity among other fine jewelers around the globe for their great French-touched designs and classic emblems which made it possible for you today to purchase these Cartier engagement rings as best engagement gift ideas when you got the right “royal” budget.
Cartier: From Cartier Family Until Today
The reason it brought one of the first French jewelry lifestyle is because Cartier was founded in Paris in 1847 when Louis-Francois Cartier took over the workshop of his master in 1874 and therefore took administration of the company. His sons, Louis, Pierre and Jacques then established the brand name Cartier worldwide since his management. They started with their most celebrated designs like the mystery clocks (called “mystery” because the dial is transparent and their work is hidden), exotic Art Deco designs, and fashionable wrist watches.
After Louis-Francois Cartier died in 1964, his sons sold the businesses in London, New York and Paris which intrigued group of investors led by Joseph Kanoui. Kanoui bought Cartier Paris and from there he collaborated with new products representatives of status and quality of Cartier that brought Cartier New York and Paris back in 1979. Afterwards, Cartier then emerged into creating more areas of fine jewelry from antique to artistic creations of jewelry sets such as rings, bracelets, ear rings, necklaces, wrist watches and other high valued accessories. Indeed, the biggest Cartier exhibit happened in 1994 accompanying all 150 years of artistic creation made by the Maison Cartier held by Lausanne Hermitage Foundation in Switzerland. Today, Cartier operates more than 200 stores in 125 countries including four emblematic boutiques worldwide. The biggest ones include Rue de la Paix (Paris), Fifth Avenue (New York), New Bond Street (London), and Minami Aoyama (Tokyo).
What Are The Best Cartier Pieces For Engagement?
Surely you may be eager to buy Cartier engagement rings very soon and so if you’re ready to buy them then here’s a sneak peek of their bridal collections:
- Solitaire 1895 – platinum setting with a center diamond, Solitaire 1895 is embraced by a wire body with four elegant claws that holds the radiant stone.
- Ballerine – this is a highly feminine Cartier ring that’s inspired by flower designs, curves and romantic arabesques with again platinum setting, center diamond and side diamonds.
- Declaration – this is also known as the most contemporary solitaire which has four tapered claws and elegant lines that gives a bit of modern, classic touch to women today with platinum setting, center and side diamonds.
- Honeymoon – infinite because of its roundness, it is the most refined ring that enhances its voluptuous curve of platinum setting.
- C De Cartier – this sits perfectly on the hand as the diamond follows the curves of this emblematic ring also known as Cartier C.
- Emblematic Rings – as the diamond joins the platinum Cartier solid setting, this establishes Trinity and Lanieres that both enhance the solitaire.
- Exceptional Rings – these are exceptional Cartier rings as these are considered exclusively embracing the harmonious diamond paving, perfectly cut solitaires and exquisitely elegant settings with full diamonds.
Where To Find Cartier Online?
Inside their main website, look through the Cartier catalog in France, United Kingdom, Spain, United States and other countries at Cartier.com.
Also, engagement gift ideas for brides are found at Cartier US bridal collection. Further selections include: