Gift giving is a very sensible part of almost every occasion. It comes with extra care and pressure thinking what to give to the recipient. In some ways, giving engagement gifts is a lot more different from any celebrations. There are etiquette associated with engagement gift ideas, however, the groom or bride to-be should never expect gifts from their invitees since it’s not a requirement in attending the event.
The following are some guidelines of engagement gift ideas for the couple:
- Engaged couple should never enclose nor hint for gifts in the invitation
- In cases of receiving gifts, thank you notes should follow immediately after the gift is given
- Gifts during the engagement party must not appear as a requirement for a wedding invitation
- Gifts must be open after the visitors have left the engagement party in order not to offend those who don’t have presents
- When the engagement fails, gifts must be returned promptly to the giver.
Engagements and engagement gifts are particularly influenced by tradition and culture of every country around the globe. Since it has existed for so many eras, the way it has been done have improved from its original sense. Many things have changed due to the way of life people are having presently. With engagement gifts there are protocols to follow for the givers. Some of them are:
- Keep the gift to be given during an engagement bash to be simple and small, since there will be a need to give another present on the wedding day.
- As much as possible consider giving the couple something that they can enjoy individually, while not yet married they are still two separate individuals
- The appropriate time during an engagement party should be observed. When the gift is intended for the groom-to-be, the proper timing is to give it when he is alone to avoid hurt feelings on the side of the bride to-be, or at least give her a congratulatory note or card to express your excitement upon knowing the announcement.
Following these set of rules to help manage expectations depends on every individual. What really matters is that, knowing the appropriate gift etiquette is important for the engaged couple and for the people invited in order to have the right approach to setting engagement gift ideas for the celebration.